Leg Cramping, SVT and AF

Posted , 5 users are following.

History of AF and SVT episodes occuring regularly after years of minimal issues. Causing fainting, chest pain, strong racing HEart, tightening of chest, cramping in chest and I’m now having cramping in my legs the night before or a few hours before a big episode. Dizzy, lightheaded, sound muffled, shaking from adrenaline and extreme fatigue and heavy feeling after. I’m a school teacher and had a big one today in class. sad  Has anyone else had the cramping as a warning sign before?? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there have u been diagnose with both .... I have symptoms and having test done ..... I feel when it's going to start apart from chest pain my hearing goes fussy then I go lightheaded 

Then it feels like I'm just going to hit the deck 

Thanks 

• Posted

I can relate to this one.  Similar for me.

Found out the root course of my arrhythmias and tachycardia was my body's inability to maintain adequate levels of potassium, which is needed for adequate heart bioelectrical function.

I found by eating adequate (organic) bananas daily, and reactively if I have an episode greatly helps.  I also eat figs, dates, mushrooms, potatoes and other high sources of potassium. 

Note a blood test missed this.  You need numerous blood tests to catch it. 

Also note caffeine (and alcohol) depletes the body of minerals like potassium.

Suggest you try increasing your intake of potassium rich foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.