Leg cramps and back problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been having severe leg and foot cramps at night.  Keeping track of it I find that I only have them when I walk more than usual!  I have been to my doctor and he told me to do stretching and drink tonic water before I go to bed.  I also have Ddd,  spinal stenosis and RA.  Had back injections for back spasms about a month ago.  Wondered if the cramping is back related.  Blood work said My potassium and magnesium was good.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Buckeyes

I want to tell you how to get rid of your leg cramps as night. Also works for spasms. It might sound odd but this is true. My mother and my husband suffered for years. Do this and it so simple. Put a bar of soap in your bed near your legs. Any soap will do but change it every month. Give it a try and you will see that it will stop the pain. I have seen my husband scream in pain and for the last three months doing this and pain gone. Please try it for two weeks and let me know. Thanks Wanda

• Posted

How in the world does that help?  Where did you find this remedy?

will try anything!  I'm also having some during the day now!

thanks for replying!

• Posted

Hello Buckeyes

Thanks for messaging me back. Not sure why it works but it does. I google it and was dozens of people said it worked. I found out from my mother who suffered for years. This old woman in the nursing home told my mother to put the soap between the sheets by your legs at the bottom of bed and it works. My husband started suffering from pain and it was so bad that when we would go to the movies, he could hardly make it out the door and people thought he was having a heart attack. I use Dove soap but you can use any kind. Some people use 5 bars..LOL So please try it. I am not a doctor but my husband has Vascular problems from a poor circulatory system. He quite smoking 6 years ago but suffered with leg pain. Now no pain as long as the soap is in the bed. Please try it Buckeyes and let me know. Also Merry Christmas and I will be praying for you all will be well. Wanda

• Posted

What a coincidence!  I get emails from AARP and just yesterday they had an article mentioning that!  I don't remember specifically but they said something about it having to do with magnesium?  I will have to reread it!

will give it a try!  I was up 4 different times in the middle of the night!  I don't have them in the calfs like you would expect but it on the sides of my legs usually close to my ankles!  Glad you replied!

thanks

• Posted

Hi Buckeyes

Use any soap and let me know how it goes. I hope all is well.

Wanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.