Leg locking?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I havnt been out my house in a year with personal problems. The only movement I do is livingroom and kichen.

But recently when I try to use my legs my thigh muscle goes tight and hurt there and then / today I was swinging my nephew with my legs and my right thigh muscle locked and it was exstreamily painful.

What is it ?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Apply hot and cold compress to the sore muscles. Your muscles are probably very weak.

You need to do some exercises every day.  Start very gentle and progress from there. Could you get a cheap second hand exercise bike.  Or just march in place, swinging your arms -maybe to music.  If you have a computer, there’s so much on YouTube.  Lots of exercise for all types.

I’m sorry you feel unable to leave the house .  Do you have addictions? Are you obese?   With so little information, it’s very difficult to know what to suggest.  Reach out to local social services. perhaps they could offer help.  Good luck.  Keep the faith!

• Posted

I'd say I'm not obese but it m not skinny - just chubby

I got a slip disc on my L5 that is mild , even though the pain isn't mild. But I'm okey with it .

I'm more worried about my leg if I lay on my side I get this nerve pain  and (the locks at day time )

• Posted

Sounds like a cramp.  Exercise important.  And maybe you need some magnesium?
  • Posted

Many things come to mind especially from inactivity. Stretch if you can especially yoga something thats not too impactful. Check out the anatomy of the thigh, hip and leg muscles so you can be more specific on how and where the pain could be coming from. Also take at least 1000 I.U's of Vitamin D. Lack of the vitamin and B vitamins cause pain to feel worse. Ice and heat both work too. 

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.