Leg Movement

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 48 year old male. About 2 years after a run I noticed a bit of pain in my left leg and after a while the mechanics of it were out of sync and I couldn't run smoothly and when I walked my left leg swung out slightly. Over the last 2 years this has got worse and I now use crutches to get around as my leg doesn't work and I am totally off balance, I do not feel dizzy and have no other symptoms.

I had a disk replacement in my lower back and a key hole op on my knee in 2018 to try and solve it but whilst these have been deemed to be successful nothing has changed.

I have been scanned from brain to knees and nothing untoward is showing up that would cause me these symptoms. I am having nerve tests done in my legs this week but if there is nothing showing up in MRI or blood tests does anybody have any idea why my legs do not work properly?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You might have a light case of neuropathy.

Some people find great improvement with Gammaglobulin infusion ,but it's expensive and not always approved by insurances.

• Posted

thanks pattino, it is very frustrating not knowing what is wrong.

• Posted

ok update, i had nerve conduction tests and EMG(?) which came back as normal. So basically all scans are clear from head to knees, no lesions etc and physically I should be ok, but I cannot walk without crutches and left leg feels weak and heavy. So I am totally confused.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that ,why don't you read a lot of articles about rare diseases , there was a very popular documentary series on TV (Monsters inside you ??), you might find the full DVD Set on Ebay , or maybe free on youtube.

Also did you travel abroad ? You could have picked up a local endemic disease or parasite , for example in an african country you can get a parasite that clogs lymphs nodes in the legs and your legs will be giant for the rest of your life (just an example).

Also did you pick an injury when you were young ? That could have progressed into something unusual .

My grampa had burger disease and his legs were wasting starting in his 40s.

Did you do a full body MRI ? That could pick up something unusual somewhere.

Don't give up , explore all options ,especially parasites and rare diseases ,there are so many...

• Posted

it is just frustrating as all scans are clear, brain,whole of spine and knee yet I'm shambling round and totally off balance, for example my walking I do not have normal heel to toe movements. In my house if I didn't hold onto things I would be falling over regularly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.