Leg pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I underwent a uninstrumented fusion on my left side back L5-S1 in July and in October on my right side. Immediately I after the surgery I was about 75% pain free:)

Now in the last two weeks I am in more pain than what I was in. I am struggling getting up from a sitting position and walking. Once I am up and walking for a minimum of 15 minutes then the pain level from a 8 goes down to a six.

I made an appointment to see my back surgeon but when I arrived I found out I was seeing my surgeons PA.

I was disappointed and I was told that I was recovering and would like to see me in March, and if I continue with the pain then she will order some imaging. She did not hear a word I was saying.

THE PAIN IS WORST THAN WHAT I WAS EXPERIENCING BEFORE I HAD THE SURGERies AND UNBEARABLE

Yes I am taking vicodin and Lyrica for pain and nerve pain. I ONLY TAKE VICODIN 2x aday and LYRICA. I REFUSE TO TAKE VICODIN EVERY 6 hours and my doctor knows.

please any advice?

THANK YOU

ANA

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This is not right. I just hate it when one goes in for help because something is not working as it had been or as believed it was going to work and to be told that everything is just fine and see you again in a few months. grrr. I'm so sorry that this has happened to you especially when everything appeared to be 75% better and now is worse than it was originally. Have you considered getting copies of all your x rays, hospital and medical reports/notes and having a consultation with another medical professional? I don't really have a clue what you should do and hope other's had good answers for you. I hope everything works out for you in the long run but waiting is a bit-h. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.