leg pain affecting my walking

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had tingling in my feet and legs (worse on left side for sure) for about five years.I've mentioned to doctors and because i"m overweight none seem to take it seriously. Pain now sees to be really affecting my left leg and walking. I'm terrified of doctors. Is there anything I can do on my own to get some relief?\

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have also had this type of thing for about five years, it is really scary.  

I have had an MRI scan of my head and back and although that showed a bulge in the lumbar L5, the neurologist didn't think this was the cause. I have also been tested for diabetes, as this is quite a common thing to suffer from if you are diabetic, but that was negative.

I was just told that some people have idiopathic neuropathy, which basically means they haven't got a clue what is causing it.

Mine is far worse at night and when I get out of bed in the morning.  It is like walking on sponges but with pebbles under the big toe of my right foot.  I also get weird temperature sensations - burning and ice cold.

I do take a good quality high strength fish oil capsule every day and also sometimes take a magnesium supplement.  

You need to ask your GP to refer you to a neurologist who will hopefully carry out some tests and see if they can find out what is causing your tingling. 

It is very frustrating when you simply don't know what is causing the problem.

• Posted

It is pereferal artery disease. Caused by artery (blockages)  plaque from high  colestrol among other things

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.