Leg pain after surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had type 1 Arnold chiari Malformation. I had the surgery in April of 2015.. fast forward to now and I still get headaches here and there but it's a lot better. I still have my days where my muscles hurt very badly in my legs. Does anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm 5 months post op and still recovering my ns said in likely to have headaches for at least 1 year to 18 months. Even though iv had surgery I have been left with numbness in my hands and feet that will never improve my ns said it yet won't get any worse. Hope you continue to recover

Jaquie

• Posted

Hi,

I experience muscle pain when I walk. Unfortunately, I'm at a point I have to stay in bed most of the time because of neck pain.

I have a lot of other symptoms too. I hope you feel better.

• Posted

Hi Apple, when did you have your decompression..you really need to see your health care professionals so that they can refer you for pain management treatment
    • Posted

I've been to pain management many times. Unfortunately, to no avail. I'm scheduled to go to neurosurgeon on 12th. I'm hoping for revaluation of my condition at that time. Thanks for your response.

• Posted

Hi there, yeah..that is normal from what I gathered from others, I had decompression 9 months ago , when I do too much..I got terrible headache, but my limbs still playing up..my back killing me..but do not stop from doing gentle exercise even just walkinf from 6 - 10 minutes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.