Leg pain driving me mad

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am 10 weeks post op and went back to work 2wksago after left total knee replacement.   I'm finding my knee is swelling and I'm getting pain from my hip to my ankle  which is really painful.. I'm still using a walking stick outside for safety.     I also have a lot of clunking in my knee when walking.  Consultant said it would improve as it beds in but very aware of it.  Have a good bend upto 110 /120degrees.  Does anyone else get leg pain?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Linda...as others have said the clunking may ease as the muscles xontinuecto strengthen and tighten. You may have a little for a long times. I know mentally its awfully hard to think about exercise when you are physically and mentally drained but you are a long way from healed and still need excercise and icing. Elevation when you can will help. Your body has experienced a lot of trauma. Here in the US they remind us it takes at least 6 months for the system to recover from any major surgery. You might be pushing yourself a bit too much. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.