Leg pain when moving ankle

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey. I have this sore pain in my legs when i moved my ankle up and down. It's like a tight muscle feeling at the side of m calf. Am 23 and to be honest I should be alot more active than I currently am it's not sore resting just when i tense my ankle. Anyone else get this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been getting this for almost 20 years.
    • Posted

Oh no. Really I was worried it was something serious like DVT but I have not swelling or colour change....
  • Posted

Hi colin. I have also had cramping in my calves for about 2 yrs now. I've been a walker, bike rider, swimmer all my life. Now, at age 76, have been getting the cramping whenever I bend down to pick up something, or when walking uphill. I have asked two doctors, and they told me to be tested for low magnesium. I wasn't low, and tried taking magnesium and potassium. No results. tried drinking lots of water, still no results. I now think it may be a side effect of taking Hydroxyurea for polycythemia.  Have you seen your doctor? harrishill

• Posted

I seen my Dr about this about a year ago he done all the leg movements etc he didn't seem fussed at that point a year later and am still getting this I'm going to get an appointment some time this week if possible as I have no clue what could be causing it my twin brother says he gets the same when he dose what I do and my partner aswell... I'm not very active and maybe that has something to do with it it's not atall sore only when i sort of point my foot up and down I feel it in my leg.. anyways i will post back my findings when i see my Dr thanks for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.