Leg problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry to be posting so much. I just have severe anxiety which I have been put on meds for and I am seeing a counselor as this has caused me to feel so bad. I feel better for the most part only having this for going on 4 weeks. But one thing that will not go away is the muscle twitching and the leg pain. Only in my left leg though. It comes and goes but for the last two weeks or more ive had this leg pain pretty much all day. It mostly happens in the thigh, calf, and behind my knee. Has anyone else experienced this? Im worried sick about it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

ive been dealing with muscle twitching for almost 6 months now. Its widespread and it comes and goes. It scares the crap out of me. I will say that lurking these forums right now in your state is not going to be healthy for you. Trust me. Ive been there and done that and lost a ton of sleep, money and i almost lost my family. Please try to stay off the internet and dont google every symptom. The mind is very powerful and it can manifest symptoms anxiety disorder caused me to lose weight and caused so many more problems. The best advice i can offer you is to stop googling, stay super hydrated, take weekly vitamin b shots, take magnesium supps, and take meds for anxiety. You will get through this but asking about every symptom daily is only going to make you worse and stress your body out. Best of luck. You will heal it will take some time...

• Posted

Hi Ashlie,

This will take a bit longer than 4 weeks to get over. I was the same as you at this stage. with the support of family and friends and also a counsellor I made a mental choice to accept I have this and ride it out.

I have been frustrated, exasperated and worried but once I decided to accept I would have this a bit longer it help as my mental clarity.

Sure it's annoying not being able to do the things you are used to but speaking from experience (I'm just past 9 weeks in) I'm now so much better. I only really started to turn a corner - less headaches, day time sleeping, general feeling of malaise - at 7 weeks.

This is something no one has ever died from.

This is something you get better from and simply have to manage.

Hydrate. Vitamin C. Rest. Rest. Rest.

Choose a little bit of positivity wherever you can.

I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.