length of time for flare to last

Posted , 10 users are following.

Length of time for flare- mine has lasted 3 weeks - still inflamed and red- looks like it's burned- any thoughts and what do people wash with?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Liz, I use Cetaphil, externally, and the use a peri squeeze bottle with bottled spring water, on the delicate areas, no soap, just spring water. Purified water and shower water may have chemicals. Shower water where I live has tons of chlorine and is not good. I also have a small glass spray bottle to spray with spring water after every urination. This keeps the area from getting burned from urine. All of this isn't how I want to live, but keeps me from getting into painful situations. Itching and inflammation are always present. I use zyrtec, an antihistamine for itching. That's it. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Mine has lasted 6 weeks+. I have found some relief soaking in soda and borax. I wish I knew! sad I want this to just go away!
    • Posted

I would be very cautious using borax and biocarbonate you are more likely doing more harm than good, as they are both used as a caustic detergent, so be careful. hydromel ointment is good to use, the redness will go, also not to stay in the bath long as water annoys it. Hope your feeling better soon.
  • Posted

Oatmeal soap. No perfumes. Black soap. It works. Virgin olive oil. It works.
    • Posted

What's black soap- do you have to be careful about what you use on your entire body

• Posted

I have no flair ups in long time. No itch please use natural ingredients . not chemicals. I also pray. God will take care of us.
  • Posted

I've been diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosis today by my dermatologist I had a biopsy she told me the redness never goes but the sorness should go do you use a steroid cream for it at all

• Posted

The redness does fade quite a bit between out breaks but never totally gone- at first used clobatesol twice a day for two weeks- then just twice a week- but am in middle of nasty flare for past 3 weeks- am going to see GYN doctor today
  • Posted

Hi Liz I wash with epiderm and find that it cleans and moisturises the area. Also baths in baking soda are helpful for soothing. Might be a good idea to watch your diet and cut down on sugar etc and also avoid tight fitting trousers/ jeans etc to give the flare up time to heal xx
    • Posted

Hi Cynthia epaderm is an emollient used for dry skin, eczema and is fragrance and colouring free. (Also Doctor recommended) this can also be used as a moisturiser after showering. I get it on prescription as my gp gives me 2 500g pump dispensers on my prescription as this is fairly expensive to buy over the counter..
    • Posted

The prescription name then is epiderm? I was having problems finding it as well.
    • Posted

Hi odiee, yes that's what they write on my prescription Epaderm.. you can get it in a lardy, greasy form or cream.. I always opt for the cream.. if you go to Boots website they sell it - Jo

• Posted

It's a cleaning and moisturiser as well you could probably get it from your doctor I got mine from my dermatologist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.