Let's discuss Fibro Cystic Breasts.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had mine 4 years, did not know I had thrm until the doctor found them....but past few months hurt like hell, sting and flare up at night.

I have non clynical so I can get them all month long.

Please comment on your symptoms and cures!

Sometimes I want to SCREAM I am 49 nearly 50.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Ah, lumpy breasts! I am assuming that you are getting pain all over your breasts and not just in the lumpy bits? Quite a few years ago I had VERY painful lumpy breasts and had a cyst which was removed.  My breasts had been so painful that I couldn't bear to take my bra off at night so wore it 24 hours a day.  If I took it off it felt like I had 10lb weights hanging of them!  I couldn't even put my arms by my sides at times it was really getting me down.  I didn't just have the pain every month, I had it ALL the month.   The Consultant who sorted out the cyst told me how to get rid of the pain and the breast nurse backed him up.  You need to take Evening Primrose Oil capsules BUT the active ingredient in them is called GLA (gamma linolenic acid) but there is a specific dose.  You have to take 240mg of GLA per day. Even if the capsules say 1000mg of Evening Primrose Oil it's the GLA that's important.  I managed to take the 240mg a day by finding some capsules that had 80mg in each one and taking three a day.   They were in capsules that said they were One a Day but I was told by the Consultant that it would be OK to take three.  He said I would have to take them for at least four months, to flood my body with the GLA.  Too little GLA and it wouldn't work and too much was a waste.  I have to say that I took them for four months and the pain went completely away and has never come back!  Oh the relief of not having to wear a bra at night, in fact, I hardly wear a bra at all now as I just find them uncomfortable to wear but this is NOT because I have sore breasts.  I can thoroughy recommend this treatment.   If you Google GLA sore breasts you should find several articles on it, including the Mail Online with their article How to treat breast pain.
    • Posted

Bless your heart Spindles, and funnily enough I replied to a post of yours from 5 months ago on Sunday.

I have been on the PE for just over a week now and on Sunday when I saw your post upped the anti and now take 240 GLA xx

Thank you xx

• Posted

Darn Fibrocystic lumps pain pain for 6 weeks and today is like I am a voo doo doll with pins getting stuck in my....Arghh feeling sorry for myself sad
  • Posted

I hope you start to feel the effects of the EPO soon although as I said, it was four months before my pain had gone.  Every day you take the capsules is one day closer to hopefully being pain free. I really hope they help you like they helped me as I can remember just how bad it was.
    • Posted

I hope so to Spindles cry

May I ask you, do you still take the EPO same amount every day, or how long after your started to feel better, did you drop or decrease the mgs.

Hugs Astrid

• Posted

Spindles I managed to get Super Primrose soft gels today at Whole Foods 1300g each of EPO and 120mg of GLA

If anyone else is interested the brand I purchased if from a company called "now" no captial thats how they spell it x

• Posted

I don't take the EPO and haven't done for years. As soon as the four months suggested by the consultant was up I stopped to see if it would come back and it didn't.   I've been trying to think how far back I had the pain and the cyst and I'm sure it was before I was diagnosed with diabetes which was back in 1995 so as you can see it was a long time ago!  At that time I was around the same age that you are now (I am now 68). I have had no reason to take the EPO because the pain went and never came back which is why I found it so miraculous that after so many years of pain I've never had to take them or any other medication which is why I hope you keep on taking them and hope you have as much success as I had.
  • Posted

what a relief  i used to take evening priomrose oil  and then stopped and my bresats where lumpy andsore and under arm strated taing agin 1000mg is it safe to take 2
    • Posted

I am on 2 which = 260mg and 24mg and 240 GLA is combined in the EPO.....no relief yet!

Ultrasound today so hoping and praying its nothing more sinister!!

• Posted

will keep u prayers pray for me got to get moles seen too very frightening hope all will be well tooo
    • Posted

Had 3 moles removed all benign.

In my prayers as well.

God Bless x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.