Let’s share the treatments that work for us

Posted , 6 users are following.

i know a lot of us on here suffer from repeated BV and dont want to rely on antibiotics ( or they just dont work!)

Lets use this thread to share what we have found works for us for treatment and prevention- or atleast helps!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

other things i have tried are tea tree oil diluted in coconut oil- didnt work and caused irritation!

• Posted

What I'm about to share isnt really a treatment.

For years and years, from the time I was about 14 until age 29, I thought I suffered from BV. It took me a long time to figure out that it wasn't.

I went from scented soaps, to using aqueous cream to wash, to using plain water. Cotton underwear, no underwear, panty liners, BV gel, pessaries, antibiotics, apple cider vinegar, yogurt, probiotics. I think I tried nearly everything apart from the really harsh ones like hydrogen douching.

I never once tested positive for BV. Yet I had the classic fishy smell, and watery discharge at times.

It's been embarrassing and has affected my mental health to the point where I believed everyone could smell me. Constantly running to the toilet at work to make sure I didn't smell, and if I did, washing in the toilet. Which only makes things worse as over washing makes you smell in the long run. Showering twice a day every day.

The doctors would always say everything was normal yet I felt far from it and I knew I didn't smell normal. My sex life has also suffered because of it. Same man for 9 years.

One night whilst searching google for answers, I came across something called Lume deodorant. Skeptical, I read the info. Developed by a gynaecologist, its a deodorant you can use anywhere. Even down there. This lady did tests in a lab and it was proven that when we sweat down there, the very same odour as BV is produced. It was expensive, but I had to try.

It's November and I bought this in August. Whilst I still have bad days, I'm not having a bad day every day. I use a minimal amount of lume every 1/2 days and I don't smell. The only time I smell, is when my period is due, and sometimes the day after sex. I use some BV gel (one tube) which normally gets me back to normal. I always said that if I found something that worked I would share it. So here it is.

How many more women think they have BV and its just sweat? Wish I knew this years ago instead of thinking there was something wrong with me. After all, we use deodorants on our arm pits so why not. The deodorant doesn't smell the best, but, it fades a few minutes after application. Give it a go and know for sure if it's BV or just sweat!

• Edited

i suffered from bv for 4 years but i recently cured my bv/yeast infection by using (liquid capsules) oil of oregano. I found a youtube video of a young lady taking the 4 drops of oil of oregano and diluted it with extra virgin olive oil and would drink that 3 times day. I thought that was too much. So i bought the liquid capsules (70% carvacrol ) and took it 2 or 3 times a day every morning. i promise after two weeks my husband stated he did not smell my bv while being intimate and then i was like omg my bv is gone. I was so HAPPY! like i would smell my underwear and it smelled like me again lol . I hope this helps you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.