Let's talk nodes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since the beginning of November I have not been feeling well. I used to work out for two hours a day six days a week but have been unable to do so since the end of October. I've had two bouts of strep throat in four months and have just been feeling absolutely run down. I went to my doctor complaining of fatigue and got the typical blood panel. Everything came back normal except a positive EBV IGG positive indicating a past mono infection I attributed to college. Ever since getting strep in November, I've had an enlarged jugular lymph node in the right side. It's not rockhard it's just firm and it almost feels oblong not round like a pea. I would classify this as a rubbery texture. I'm calling the doctor on Monday to make a follow up appointment.

My question is this, does that sound suspicious? It's not movable like I can't push it around but it is soft enough to press on but it does bounce back. I'm just at my wits end with this fatigue. I have no other symptoms of lymphoma and I'm just curious to hear your thoughts

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, the nodes which appeared in my neck were like grapes. When they were about 10mm they were observed but at 18 + mm they were biopsied by FNA.

Everyone has differing symptoms and reactions, in 23 years of NHL there has never been a showing in any of my blood tests.

Trust your doctors and if not sure ask questions or go for a second opinion.

Most of all keep positive.

I'm interested to hear how you get on.

Best regards. JohnE

• Posted

I've heard that blood tests are notoriously off in regards to lymphoma. I did have a full head and neck contrast MRI a year ago and no swollen nodes were noted and I also recently had a contrast chest x-ray that was unremarkable. Not sure that it matters though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.