Lethargy after eating

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I know most people feel lethargic after eating but I think I am effected more than most. I am seventy four years of age but first became aware of the problem in my twenties when I found consumption of even a small amount of food made any sort of moderate to heavy exercise extremely difficult but could handle light exercise. I now have difficulty walking anyway, some day worse than others but if I eat even a light meal walking even a short distance exhausts me.

I have to concede I am overweight, some fourteen stones whereas ten to eleven stone would be more ideal. Hence my need for exercise.

If anyone has thoughts regarding this I would be most grateful for them.

Best regards Ken.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.