lets hope this time!!!!!!! off valium for ever

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been addicted to diazapam for 23 years,have went to rehab twice and drugs worker twice,doctor once and cold turkey once DO NOT ever do the latter, all of these times i dont or didnt ever see myself coming off them,

once in rehab back in 1999 when i was done i was still on a small dose and in those days they handed me a full four weeks worth till i seen my doctor, i swallowed them all by the time i got to bus stop and felt amazing true story,

alot has changed since then and my last attempt was two years ago and realapsed fairly quick into my reduction,

iam now 38 year old and desparate to come off these once and for all as i am trying to set up a new life in Tenerife,

i have been at this stage before as all long term valium users will know the 30mg to 25 mg is a massive stumble and rough waves to get through

i am on a slow tapper tho i wish i could spped it up ,but doing that will only make you worse the main key is a withdrawell plan,but also it cant be rigid and must be flexable to the users needs within moderation, iam lucky as iam now 3 months into my reduction and have had only one minor slip up in the first month,but since then i have stuck to the program

this in its self brings a feel good factor to it, although it is a most intence battle some times at night and during the day, i think the main thing is to keep telling youreself that its the drug and not you ,as am sure many people do think, previous times i have sourced aid to help me through withdrawels berocca being the main one it works!!!!! FACT iam also using other remadays very simple ones that are definetly making a diffrence,

would be greatfull if any one has anymore non pharmacy remadays,or is needing any advise about comming of valium or support 

even tho i do addmitt my track record of being susessfull in coming off has been poor,belive me av been through every physical and mental effect this drug has on the body i call it "hell fire",suppose every one has a story to tell,well this is part of mine,and for those on the same journey i wish you all the best in finding happiness

keeep it real

Paul

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Been involuntarily dependent on valium for 44 years ..just got this email ..will re ply to morrow....I now take 10 mg per day ..was on 30 mg..no tolelerance ..no abuse of the tablets ..but I too have been through cold turkey ..and NEVER  again ..would rather die
    • Posted

44 years wow!!!!!!! what a battle pat 10mg a day now well done,yeah cold turkey is very dangerous, I also meant to ad the last post anyone wanting some good reading to have a look at some of professor Heather Ashton who is with the institute for neuroscience, theres alot of advie plus understanding of benzos and its effects, it has helped me understand the drug, which i think is very important,

all the best pat and good luck sounds like youre getting there now though

• Posted

No Paul ..I have no intention o come off valium ..like I Said I would rather die..my journey has been easy ..done over 20 years ( the cold turkey was before tha) I am stable ..have a good life ?.why rock the boat ?..if I can be of any help just let me know ...take care 

have a great Christmas inTenerife..enjoy the sunshine

Pat

• Posted

Good luck Paul .I've been 'dependent' on diazepam 20mg a day for 30 years and a bit .I would not consider at my age 67 attempting to withdraw .I respect those who feel differently and hope all goes well  for you .Have a good holiday
  • Posted

well for starters iam on no holiday here so know what youre talking about,ppphaaa holiday what coming off valium get a grip,this is my deccision to be here as i was here before and it helped me through a ruff time in my life,  it is all part of my reduction plan,which i will stick to and get my body rid of, once and for all,thats what i am going to do and is my choice to voice this on a forum like this YEAH!!!!

obv each to there own at the end of the day, but never any need or intention for patranising people,pat youve obv taken me the wrong way or ive ruffeld youre feathers some how, so yeah thanks for the feed back and all the best 

Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.