lets share....positive

Posted , 6 users are following.

Not sure if I want to share all the reasons why I am here but I can relate to alot I have read. I was just wondering we all know our own side effects and our own past history i was thinking are there some \"funny stories\" we can share and relate to that people whom do not have this condition can relate to ? Me for example knew I had a problem when I called up my boss and told him where to put his job !!! this is not me at all I know I have been unreasonable with friends and family but your boss!! we all need our jobs in this day and age what was i thinking of ?

I hope something good comes out of this. Been taking ADS for two weeks and hope I can stay calm

Andy K xx

ps I still have my job

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Heh heh... This made me laugh. You must have a very understanding boss! Glad you still have your job.

I'm trying to remember any funny bits... Will get back here if I remember anything! xxx

PS

Good idea for a thread! A little light relief amongst the rest.

• Posted

Hi all

did something silly again that is why I asked citalaman if he had said something stupid. I left a\"post-it\"in my bosses boss office and when he came into our office i said \"you got the message I left in your bedroom\" why did I say bedroom rather than office? what a blonde thing to say and it is not the first time.. come on cheer yourselves up and admit to something you have done or said which really is not you at all.

hope it will give you a laugh and have a laugh with who ever you are with

andrea xx

• Posted

Here's something funny that'll make you all laugh.

My husband built up our bedroom furniture last week, it all looks lovely.

Any way the drawers were a bit stiff, i said i'd seen in a mag in top tips that hairspray loosens them!!!!!!!!

I was all cocky sayin look i know what i'm doing.

It wasn't untill later that i remembered that it's furniture polish that you're suppose to spray on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The drawers were stuck :lol: :lol:

My husband laughed for about an hour he said don't you dare blame this on your tablets. :lol:

• Posted

Hi

We had a good laugh at the wake after the funeral as the family had got some old cine film and put it on Video and it was all of us in various modes of dress at the beach and in the sea. some of the stars are over 60 years now.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi

I sent a text message to my hubby today saying I'm sat on the loo watching my tits. smile

I had better explain we have clear glass in our bathroom window you can sit on the loo and look out of the window at the bird box on the garden wall and i was watching Mr and Mrs Tit making there home in it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lizzy

• Posted

Nice idea!

I think my most ridiculous moment was when I'd just started taking citalopram and was still a bit reckless with my drink drink (I think I was also celebrating finally doing something about my depression). Not being used to how it lowers your resistance to alcohol, I accidentally got very drunk (in a happy way, mind) and somehow thorougly tangled in a a ball of wool. The friend whose house I was at eventually found me by tracing the line of wool around the house to his bathroom, where I was curled up asleep in the bath. I woke up with the worse sore throaght ever from singing most of the evening!.

• Posted

Hi All

i do silly things all the time but when i 1st started cit the side effects the 1st day made me feel like i had drank a bottle of wine, not good at work I had to come clean about the drugs as i couldnt hold a conversation with out turning it to sex even when the reginal director came to vist i was having a great conversation about an magazine artical about men reliving them selfs at work. :oops:

Once i pulled it together a bit in a couple of days i had to call him and appooligise, luckly he saw the funny side of things and thanked me for a refreshing conversation, my manger on the other hand band me from meeting clients for a week.

Marie

• Posted

Hi

Been on Citalopram for over 3 months now. Was having a crisis at home and it all came to a head with a nervous breakdown (tears, shouting, tears, unreasonable behaviour, tears, depression & did i mention the tears!!!) It was a little weird at first on them but i knew the doctor wouldn't give me them unless i really needed them. Stuck with them and have now enjoyed my first 'girls night out' this year (and it was fabulous) The nerves are the worst, but if you can talk yourself into ignoring them (vodka helps!!!) and make yourself leave the house, it makes all the difference. Just don't stay on them more than you need, but don't stop taking them cold turkey!! They are not addictive but i don't want to risk going back to that shit place. Came to a head when i told my entire family to get over themselves, and then started on my boss too. Knew it had to stop. They're like kalms but times a million. Hope this helps someone to know that they are not alone, and there is hope out there. I will let you know when there is life after the pills. Good luck, bite your tongue and tell yourself 'it's because i'm worth it!!!!

Fareja

xxxx

• Posted

Hi all

I have not been on for a little while but thanks for all the posts I have had a right giggle this morning reading all the stupid things we have all said and I am so pleased I am not alone!!! Feel very uplifted to start the day

Andrea XX

Not sure why I can not use Andrea K the computer is stopping me so used

Andrea KH but I am the same person ???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.