Lets try to help the medical community with our disease.

Posted , 4 users are following.

After a recent flare I got reminded of how awful hydradenitis is and I've created an excel file specifically for me which contains basic variables

(date,

affected area,

pain 1-10,

if I did something out of the ordinary,

temperature outside (hot/cold),

any possible leakage and

size of the cyst/node)

After catching up on this forum I also started a diary of what I eat every day in order to find out if anything causes my flares.

I encourage you all to do the same if you want and if you can and you can get results in a year or so by comparing the food diary and the date of the flares. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like an excellent idea. For the diet aspect an elimination diet would possiacreate faster results.

Eliminate a food group as a whole and gradually reintroduce a new food 1 week at a time.

Eg. Nightshade group (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplant...)

Dairy group (Milk, cheese, yogurt, sour cream...)

• Posted

Excellent idea!

I've recently started eating some foods I shouldn't and have noticed some flare ups. Again, I'm not sure there is any correlation but who knows.

I don't really buy into the food elimination belief (in my situation) too much since I had weight loss surgery about 9 months ago and was really limited on foods and my HS never subsided. I fact it grew worse.

But, we all gotta do what we can. Keep the messages coming. Great to hear from you all.

• Posted

In all honesty it doesn't seem to do anything for me either...

All the power to those it does work for 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.