Letter from hospital

Posted , 4 users are following.

Why is it when you are waiting for your letter from hospital you can never understand it its always in doctors language and you can only make out bits of it , so looks like i will have to make a doctors appointment to tell me what the letter says am i dum or am i dum .

So wish doctors put it in plain English .

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I just had some blood work done and when i went online to check the results its exactly the same, i dont understand what it means. Now ive worried myself to death by googling

• Posted

Hi Kileen

you do as i do go on line at times its best if we don't check but if you are like me you always want to know to be honest it always confuses me maybe if you talk to your GP he or she may put you mind at rest .

• Posted

It's always best to ask your doctor to explain your test results verbally over the phone and then write it down for your own records. Simply tell your doctor that you need the diagnosis in plain English and there is no point in sending you reports in a meaningless language. Doctors are so used to medical speak that they are unable to come down to the patient's level and if you don't tell them you don't understand, they won't bother helping you out. Don't worry about this; it happens to everyone. Getting your diagnosis explained over the phone is your best solution.

• Posted

Hi Kevin,

When people make their profession business then such things happen. They make everything difficult to understand, use complicated jargon for the simplest things and make it look a very hard task. This helps them to make themselves special. And once the become special they can charge you more.

Doctors have made it a trend everywhere to spread this nonsense and insensible behaviour. The recent government has passed instructions in our city to provide printed prescriptions to patients so that it's readable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.