Letter informing me I have a compliance call next week?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I am on ESA in the support group and have been on it since Nov 2015. I have had a letter informing me that I have a compliance call at 10am on Thursday next week. It says that I am obliged to inform of any change in circumstances which I know but nothing has changed. I took a career break as I worked in the nhs that was extended but I lost my job in Aug last year, I did receive a p45 but was so upset that I didn't think about ringing dwp the p45 arrived quite a while after with a date for sept on it but I did inform dwp that I was on a career break and prior to that I'd had over a year off sick. I'm not sure what they will want to discuss but the mornings are the worst part of the day for me but bit scared to ask them to ring later incase they think I'm being difficult my condition/s vary and are so unpredictable with pain diarrhoea fatigue brain fog etc and I regularly miss meals to try and lessen the pain which often doesn't work. The letter says I have to be available though, I was going to ring and ask if there is some flexibility to ring me back if I have to leave the call to go to the toilet its so painful and sudden..very embarrassing to explain.

Anyone else had this type of call?

Thanks in advance

R

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rose,

It's a complience interview call. I've heard of these. All i can say is if you have nothing to hide and you've told them everything and rpeort all changes of circumstances then you have nothing to hide. You will have to be available for the call though as it states this.

You could explain your condtiion and if you have to rush off then they'll know why. Just answer those questions and be honest. If you've done nothing worng you have nothing to worry about.

I'd be surprised if it was anything to do with the P45. Did you eventually had that in? Good luck.

• Posted

Hi rose

I am aware of these calls as I used to work for DWP and a Denise says if you've not done anything wrong it's nothing to be worried about. The letter is a standard template and they could be used in the case of just a random check. It could just be that you've been chosen for a sample check.

Make sure you haven't forgotten to disclose any other income like interest on bank accounts because all banks and building societies inform the dept of interest.

I agree it's unlikely to be the P45 but prepare by having all your paperwork ready for when they call. I'm saying this because of its a review they'll want to go through everything on your claim with you.

Just make them aware that you may have to leave the call of nature calls that shouldn't be a problem at all as they know you have health issues.

Your issues sound similar to mine 're the brain dog, among other things I have Fibromyalgia so I appreciate what you mean.

Please don't worry as that will only make you feel worse

All the best and let us know how you go.

Wendy x

• Posted

Sorry for typos, meant brain fog , oops😂 x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.