Leukemia or lymphoma

Posted , 6 users are following.

First of all, I want to apologize about my english, it is my second language. I've been in an enormous stress for a month because of my health I am convinced that I have lymphoma or leukemia. I can't do any daily tasks because my thoughts are always about it. I've been crying everyday since I have noticed swollen lymph node on neck, It's very rubbery, sometimes painful when I swallow food, and it isn't noticeable from outside, but I can feel it. Then, short days after, I have noticed swollen lymph nodes in groin, and they are painful. It's not bumps, it's just like oval form. Then my palms and feet started sweating so much, I have never experienced nothing like this before. Frequently I feel cold, I have chills and fever, but it comes and goes away. Also, I have muscle jerks, sometimes I feel so tired, and my mom told me, because I have not noticed it, that I look skinner. I am nauseaous, dizzy. Every symptom is equal leukemia or lymphoma symptoms. I am literally going crazy and losing my mind, everyday and night I cannot stop crying and thinking that I might have cancer. And the problem is that I am from Europe and every hospital is shut down because of COVID-19, I have no idea when it will work properly and this also another reason why I am freaking out, I cannot check my health with doctors, it looks like everyday I notice something bad. Maybe I won't survive till quarantine is over. I am asking you to help me survive it, and maybe you have experienced something like this and have suggestions what should I do. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. First off, try not to think of the worst case scenario. (i know, easier said than done) but you are not doing yourself any favours by overthinking this. There are many reasons why your lymph nodes are swollen & the most likely is an infection of some kind. I'm not an expert but i've never heard of sweaty palms & feet to be a symptom of these diseases. Again i am not an expert but there are a couple of symptoms you describe that could potentially be anxiety.Anxiety can manifest itself in many ways & can take on physical symptoms. Can you visit your local doctor at all??? I know it's difficult due to the corona virus but if you can, make an appointment to see your doctor. The diseases you describe are highly unlikely. Good luck.

• Posted

hey there, try to relax and nit think of worst case straight away.

A simple blood test would show if you have leukemia and an ultrasound of your lymph nodes should show lymphoma.

Are doctors still doing over the phone consults? are there blood test places and imaging places open? I would call your doc, tell him your concerns and tell him you wanted to be checked for these things specifically.

Mainly for your peace of mind! I thought lymphoma to as a direct result of lymph nodes in my neck swelling, and also thought leukemia as I had petatia spots on my body. Turns out I am okay. But getting these tests made my anxiety symptoms go away. These included sweaty palms, vertigo/dizziness ect.

they did find I had thyroid issues and hypoglycemia. so both benign.

try not yo worry too much until you have had tests!

• Posted

People who develop Richter's syndrome have a type of blood cancer called chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). The leukaemia cells get into the lymph nodes and start growing there. So in the advanced stage, CLL can change and become a high grade lymphoma

• Posted

If you can get a blood test where you live it will tell you if you have leukemia. In the meantime, try to stop worrying as there may be many harmless reasons for your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.