Leukemia SCARED AF

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi im 20 years old for one. im new to this website i just need some place to vent. so im convinced i have leukemia but im also a hypochondriac and everyone tells me im ok. basically i keep getting these bruises on my legs specifically. not big one just small ones and they go away in a few days to a week. i also just got a rash randomly the other day its almost gone though and everything i google says leukemia lol. been freaking out for a few months and im too terrified to go to the doctor. i think im just over reacting but still im terrified and ive already decided im dying.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

so sorry to hear you are going through this worry . I to have had the same fear a number of times. I convinced myself I have many types of cancer. the main ones being lukemina or lymphoma.

I often get bruises on my legs and go into major panic mode. I have slowly learned to calm my anxiety and keep myself calm

there were times when I had a few bruises and I would sit there crying because I was convinced I waa dying. I suffer with health anxiety.

I know try to remind myself that I often wack my legs or bumps into things without even realising. sometimes they are small bruises, sometimes they are fairly big. I can go weeks with none then I'll have loads.

if you had lukemia I would think you'd have more symptoms and the rash would have stayed.

please feel free to send me a private message if you would like to

• Posted

Do what you are not thinking of doing and go and see your doctor, its better to be safe than sorry.

• Posted

If the rashes are just rashes then there are no problems. If in doubt ring doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.