Level of symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with MD about three years ago, I had a prolonged period of dizziness combined with fatigue and general feeling of being “unwell”! this was in conjunction with hearing loss in my left ear as well as severe tinnitus, a constant echo like I was holding an empty bean can behind my ear. I have read peoples accounts of the vertigo they suffer and luckily I am not having anything like the problems many suffer. Has anyone else been diagnosed without the sever vertigo or have less severe dizziness?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had periods of severe Vertigo before I started on SERC. Now with regular Chiropractic acare I only have actual vertigo vertigo episodes a couple times per year. I do have ongoIng "wonkiness" and feel off balance mush of my life. Not fun but I have learned to accumulate.

• Posted

Hi Steve - I have had Menieres for over 30 years most of it bi-lateral (both ears). At the beginning I was lucky enough to have a GP who refered me the NHS Consultant at the local ENT Dept. The next time that I needed help I found that he had gone Private and each Consultation cost about £100.  I debated this with my family who all agreed that this affected my whole life and if at all possible, money wise, have a go.  I did and never regretted it. I would say, and advise, anyone so affected, if you can, go Private. I am no where near cured - there is no cure - but I have the best that my money can buy. For myself I have made the diognosis that stress, both mental and physical, at thre same time, is my trigger and I have virtually eliminated the bad attacks of vomitting etc. I do find now that my balance is the most troublesome, and this is part of the disease which seems to grow as I get on. Again I visited a ``balance` Consultant who confirmed that it was due to the Menieres and there was not a lot that one could do to remove it. Such is life.

• Posted

My belief about the cause of Meniers is that long ago u had a whip lash injury ! Now your head does not sit on your axis correctly! See an upper Cervical chiropractor who can start to correct this ! MD can do nothing but give you Serc!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.