Levo and no weight loss?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have been on levo 25mg for about 5years and I never lost weight despite strict diet and exercise 5days a week (1hour cardio and 15mins strength). My TSH was 3.50 (0.3-3.0) So I increased my dose to 50mg and my TSH was 0.32 (0.3-3.0) and still DIDN'T lose weight.

What could be wrong?

My endo said I'm Hashimoto. (Without testing ANA)

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Levo for 4 months and have gone from 50mg to 100mg and am pretty sure going to have to up my dosage again.  My TSH levels are super high.  I have only lost 5lbs and I eat super healthy a small portions with exercise.  Maybe you need to up your dosage?
    • Posted

When I added my dose to 50mg my TSH was 0.3 (0.3-3.0) and my weight stayed the same...
  • Posted

Hmm..you might want to see you doc about other options.  The Levo is supposed to help speed up metabolism, but your body may need a different boost.
    • Posted

My doc said my TSH is fine... I don't feel fine tho and I have other hypothyroid symptoms...

Got fed up without finding answers anywhere from Endos and GP about this weight thing.

• Posted

Some hypothyroid symptoms can mimic hyperthyroidism, so, perhaps you may be on too high of a dose?  When I strted to feel bad, I definitely thought I needed a dose increase, well when I got my blood work, it showed I was on too much.  I have a very hard time telling them apart, as I am always cold, even when hyper. But, both can cause you to be tired all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.