levothyroxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

smile hi i am on 125mcg of levothyroxine can i take multi vitmins with this i add a under active throid recentaly can any one help please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

You can take multi vitamins but try to take it a good few hours after the thyroxine as it can interfer with it.

I don't take any multi vitamins because they interact and cause severe depression and crawly feelings in my arms. This isn't the case for everyone and I'd like to hear from others who have experienced the same as myself.

Just keep an eye to see if your symptoms get worse when taking vitamin supplements.

ms

• Posted

Hi...

I take 100 mcg and also can't take vitamin supplements. I feel that I don't process them properly and that something goes out of balance. I always feel horrible, so I make sure I get my vitamins from my diet.

You are not alone!

• Posted

[quote:9f55b875a3=\"ms\"]Hi there

You can take multi vitamins but try to take it a good few hours after the thyroxine as it can interfer with it.

I don't take any multi vitamins because they interact and cause severe depression and crawly feelings in my arms. This isn't the case for everyone and I'd like to hear from others who have experienced the same as myself.

Just keep an eye to see if your symptoms get worse when taking vitamin supplements.

ms[/quote:9f55b875a3] :roll: would you say dont botter taking them i just throught i would get my symtoms a bit better because i am still suffering

• Posted

Hi

I think it's best to get use to the thyroxine before you include any supplements. when I first found out I had an under active thyroid I wanted to try everything and anything to help me feel better. I didn't know about interactions etc and started to blame everything on the thyroid. I've only just gone back onto thyroxine after missing four months of it and am taking it by itself.

I try to get my vitamins etc from fresh fruit and vegetables.

Hope everything works out for you.

ms

• Posted

Hi to Annie10

A word of caution when taking multivitamins. Make sure that in the table of vitamins, minerals, etc., that iodine is omitted. Apparently, the iodine can intefere with the thyroid if you are taking thyroxin as well and so stop the thyroxin from doing its job properly.

I believe that you can get multivitamins without iodine via the internet. I, myself, take selenium, zinc and Vitamin C which are all helpful in converting T4 into T3. Larks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.