Levothyroxine at night?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone taken their Levothyroxine at night instead of morning with any problems noticed or any benefits.  I think it would be more convenient for me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I started levothyroxine 10 yrs ago and had side effects takin it in the morning so I have always took mine at night and no side effects I think u feel more refreshed in the mornings 

• Posted

Hi

I used to take mine in the morning - it fitted well with my routine - but I now know it can be much more effective if you take at night so I have switched. However its actually much more important to make sure you take your levo at least an hour away from food and especially dairy...so not even a drink with milk in. Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Sufferer, if you look into past past  questions on Levo at night you will find a lot of responses to this subject.

Jen

• Posted

After over 20 years of taking Thyroxine in the morning and not feeling 100%, I heard years about people taking it at night and feeling a lot better. Even after taking it in the morning away from food/drink, I still wasn't feeling the effects (like I hadn't taken it all). Switched to the evening last week and I wished I had done it years ago, because the difference is remarkable - wake up feeling refreshed, more energy and my digestive system has improved greatly. Thyroxine is getting to work without any outside interference and everyone's metabolism/system is different.  I think I wake up already feeling better because it has worked its "magic" in the way nature intended - in normal circumstances you don't need a tablet to get going in the morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.