Levothyroxine bloating!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I've been put on levothyroxine 50mcg for a year and half and ever since I've been on it I've been severely bloated almost everyday. Doctor just says it's IBS but I swear it's down to the tablets as I never had it before. Has anyone else had this happen to them and does anyone have an help?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I can relate to this. Mine has got worse over the years. So fed up now with it I have cut down on medication over a number of months and already feel better. I had a blood test last week will get results this week, will see what the outcome is! Certainly don't feel any ill effects as yet anyway!

• Posted

About a month ago I asked to lower dosage to 25mcg to see if it helps and it doesn't. I want to try nature throid but the uk won't prescribe it

• Posted

I also on levothyroxine for five months now but sometimes my heart beat is faster and my feet swells i dont this will end
  • Posted

Not sure if it's related to the meds but cutting out gluten and lactose really helped my symptoms

• Posted

What do you take for your underactive thyroid? Levothyroxine has lactose in it. I hate these tablets.
    • Posted

Levothyroxine unfortunately! I didmt know it contained lactose - doesn't help us really dose it as the nhs won't offer anything else anymore

• Posted

I know, I thinks it's disgraceful that they will only prescribe this. It doesn't agree with everyone so they should have an alternative!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.