Levothyroxine stomach pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have taken Levo for 6 years.  My husband leaves for work at 5.30 in the morning so I take my tablets with water then and hopefully go back to sleep for a while. Recently I have been having stomach discomfort/pain which wakes me up, shortly after.  This doesn't happen every day just occasionally.  Does anyone have a similar experience?  Maybe I should start taking tablets at night instead.  Any thoughts?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ali!

When I was taking thyrax I didn't feel any feel tho I'm now having a bloated stomach. It's sometimes painful but I'm not taking my thyrax med for now.

My doctor told me to take em before breakfast tho. 30 mins to an hour before eating breakfast. 

PS: I'm trying homeopathy.

• Posted

Since how long u r on homoeopathy? How much is ur tsh and did it work to bring it down?
    • Posted

Hello,

I have been taking Levo gor 18 years, started having severe pain in my arms , shoulders and hip/groin area. Stopped taking my thyroid meds this week and feel so much better, pain is subsiding. Just want to know what are you taking regarding homeopathy?

Thanks

• Posted

I'm still on my 2nd month. I haven't checked my tsh yet since the med that was given to me by homeopathy is for detoxification of my different organs combined with Strumeel Tropfen as the main detoxifier for the thyroid. Once I finish my first bottle the doctor said he'll give me another mix that would focus more on my thyroid. 

I do feel like the lump on my neck got smaller and I feel less tired compared to when I was taking thyrax. However, I also switched to a more gluten-free and healthier diet.

• Posted

Yes, I had stomach pain, among the many other side effects. It helped a little to take it at night with a little fruit.
  • Posted

I take  Levothyroxin  I  have killer  constipation !  Been  bad  since  thyroid  revmoved thyroid  4 months ago  I'am lucky  to go  every  4 days !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.