Lexapro

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am on my 11day on escitalprom10mg in the morning and not doing well.Mostly lying around all day have to force myself to do things I have been sleeping with help from Phenergen can anyone give me info. I worry that i will spend a month trying it and have to start again on something nnew and go thru it all again.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've been on Lexapro for 3 months, and everyone is different, I did have a problem with sleep and no motivation, but it also made me feel so much better, it's great when side effects are gone!! Good luck, keep in touch! Beth
    • Posted

Hi Beth & Lorraine

What time of day do you take it.

tk you for you support, did the problems with sleep and no motivation go and how long.Just to know you are not alone in this helps. If you never had it you dont know. I am trying to be positive tks Jillly

• Posted

Hi jilly

I took mine in the morning which seemed to work well. I tried it in the evening but couldn't wake up the next day eg remained in zombie mode! I am now off it completely and on another AD. I did find when on cita it started to lift my depression within two/three weeks. However unfortunately for me i still had no energy/appetite or motivation on this drug. You are taking the better quality one! I was on citalopram the poorer version of lex!! I am now well (which I never thought would happen) but it's taken a full six months and a new antidepressant to get there! Your AD works wonders for many people but the settling in period is so very hard isn't it. If you can be really kind to yourself and rest as much as possible.

Are you having any other side effects eg concentration / sweats tremors etc. I know you mentioned nausea, if that continues get some anti sickness tabs from your doctor.

God bless

Lorraine

• Posted

Hi Beth

did the sleep problem and motivation problem go away too. I have those too so you dont have any side effects at all now.what about weight gain

cheers Jill

• Posted

Hi, I sometimes have problems falling asleep, but not always, and motivation is still an item sometimes, but have been on 10 mg for 3 months and 2 weeks ago went to 20 mg, the reason Dr increased dose, because no motivation and had a really hard time falling asleep. My mind would be thinking this and that and this and that, so getting to sleep was not good, but everything is getting better. For me the best is to push myself to do things and that made me feel better. And increased my exercise and try to eat better, since that I have lost a few pounds!! Hang in there! We all have THOSE days🌻
    • Posted

tks Beth do you take it morning or night i did take it at night then changed to morning not much difference i dont think.

cheers jill

• Posted

Hi Yes lorraine i am 15days now concentration is better but the night sweats are happening now and i slept all last night and then till midday to day its now 6pm and i am ready for sleeep again. And acid reflux is there too. I might try sleep without phenergen tonight. What ad are you on now.Yes lexapro have lots of good reports and lots of bad as well.

Cheers Jill

• Posted

Hi jilly

I remember those sweats only too well. I would wake up throughout the night with my hair wet and stuck to the back of my neck! The reflux was another problem my doctor prescribed me omeprazole for that. But I also use to take double action gaviscon too! I am now on mirtazipine it has been my life saver! I'm three weeks in and feel so much better and nearly back to my former self. This one gave me zero side effects which was a blessing.

Please keep me posted on your progress xx

god bless x

• Posted

Hi tks for replying, i was on mirtapine,Remeron or avanza which was good but gained a lot of weight and suffered with acid reflux badly, and my cholestral was high. went off it 12mths ago and relapsed when i gave up smoking in October.17 days depression and anxiety is still there. I live alone and thats the worst thing i think too much time to dwell on  my mistakes in life. i wish i could get over it but never will. Maybe i could take up smoking again but i was not enjoying it when i gave up anyway.

Take care Lorraine we need you on here & may god bless you too.

I try to forgive myself then i know god would forgive me also.

• Posted

Hi jilly

the first couple of weeks are the worse. You will find side effects start or have disappeared and you will get windows of relief (usually evenings) then the windows of relief get longer and recovery is well on its way. It does take time and the early weeks i spent in bed thinking i would never recover from this torturous illness.

But i have! And 100% you will too.

It is disheartening when you wake up each morning feeling the same symptoms, soon you will wake up with joy on your heart that you have gotten better. You are on a good antidepressant and there is no reason it shouldn't work for you.

Stay positive. .only do what you can do and nothing more. Be kind to yourself eg. rest plenty and drink plenty of fluids. Don't fall into the trap that i did. Eg. I know other people get better, but i wont! I'm going to stay forever feeling like this because i am the exception to the rule! This is a mind trick...reinforce the affirmation. ...'I will get better' try saying it a few times to yourself every day. Then you will outsmart the negative thinking xx

god bless xxx

• Posted

It took me about 8 weeks for side effects to go, but some days were better than others, it is worth trying to ride it out
    • Posted

Hi el

8 weekss seems like forever. Have any of you gained weight. I was on Avanza and gained weight and got very bad Acid reflux and high cholestral which i am hoping i wont get with escitalprom.any info would be great your dosage and if you have any side effects that have stayed with you while on it. Cheers Jill

• Posted

Im on 10mg and hoping yo go up to 20mg, cant say i have suffered and weight gain. Side effect wise, not too many, though sleep can sometimes be difficult
  • Posted

Hi all,

Starting to see some windows of  subtle happiness I just hope it keeps getting better for me and everyone else on here. Merry Christmas to you all and a happy new year I hope 2016 is a better year for us all.

Cheers  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.