Lexapro 5mg side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone so I took lexapro 5mg Monday night, woke up 5am with a really bad stomach ache, vomiting bad jitters way more depressed than normal an just feeling like s**t all day, called my doctor who told me to stop taking it so I did, wensday woke up even worse so I went to the ER which was horrible, felt a little better when I got home, but today is Thursday, woke up with the jitters again, an feeling restless, threw up, feeling weak, an coughing, i literally only took it once, does anyone know how long these side effects will last?? its very uncomfortable, the jitters won't leave me alone at all

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi jose, you poor bugger! that sounds horrid, if you've still got the symptoms ring your doctors and ask for some advice. i hope you get better soon!

• Posted

hello. is it possible that its just a coincidence and these symptoms are from something else? i am not a healthcare professional but was just wondering if taking it one time could cause side effects for that long?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.