Lexapro

Posted , 3 users are following.

Will Lexapro help calm my anxiety or will it mke me feel worse? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was on Celexa, then later Lexapro for 15+ years. It helped with my anxiety.  Life saver...  Most antidepressants will result in some side effects initially.  Heightened anxiety and nausea among others are pretty common.  They usually subside after ~3-6 weeks.  

There is a ton of info on this site about Lexapro and other ADs.   Also there are plenty of alternatives to medications too.  I hope you find the site helpful. Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank you tsea, I'm so scared not to mention tired of feelin this way,this been going on since may😔

• Posted

Chandra - Have you taken ADs (or like) before?  If not, maybe before you start with medication try and incorporate some other options.  For example, mindfulness and meditation, yoga, health and diet, exercise, get good sleep, CBT, talk therapy, journaling, cut caffeine and booze, no recreational drugs. environmental changes, etc.  Sometimes medicine is necessary, but you do have options.  Also, if you do go on medication, it optimal to incorporate some of the above examples to yield the best results.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.