Lexapro and morning anxiety

Posted , 66 users are following.

Hi does anyone find their anxiety is significantly higher in the mornings? Have been on Lexapro for 2 weeks now (1 week @5mg then 1 week @10mg.)

I find the morning anxiety awful upon waking, with racing thoughts and every problem even small ones seem overwhelming to the point of feeling nauseous. Will this subside? Dr has given me Diazepam which I find I'm taking every morning. Im new to Lexapro after previously being on Prozac and Mirtazapine (which I hated and asked Dr to change) although I still take 7.5mg at.night for sleep. Just want to feel normal again and wake up looking forward to the day and feeling positive about things rather than the dread I have now sad

2 likes, 180 replies

180 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi all

Just wondering how you are all going? It’s morning here and I’m so fed up of this extreme anxiety. I was even too scared to go to my local shop yesterday. I seem v sensitive to this med. started 2.5mg for a week then 5mg for a week now 7.5mg. I’ve been feeling worse all week and far worse than when I started all this. Seriously considering switching as I can’t continue like this.  I hope you are all getting some relief now.

• Edited

Lisa...I started out on 2.5 and then 5.0 for 2 weeks then 7.5 for 2r 3 weeks then 10 mg. this is my 5 th week of 10 mg. and I'm still having a little break through aniexty but I can handle it.. With that said every time u increase you will have more aniexty as side effects.. Some people not as much as others ... Just depends on you... So just hang on and continue.. Lexapro is Great for most people there r just a few that it doesn't work on... Do u feel better than when you started ? But the aniexty does happen each time u increase.. Keep that in mind... As I said this is week 5 of 10 mg. and this week I've had moments of aniexty but it's not been bad... So I'm going to wait it out for at lease 10 weeks... Just give it time... Take Care and keep posting... 🤗💞😇

• Edited

Thanks for replying.  After 3 weeks of feeling worse then when I started the doc decided to take me off. I started Zoloft 25mg for 4 days and yesterday I started 50mg.  Yet again feeling terrible.  Having really low moments that I never had before, waking up at 3am and panic on and off. Feeling really frustrated about all this and just pray that it improves soon. Wish I didn’t react so strongly to these drugs. I’m desperate to feel better.
    • Posted

Lisa.. I'm the same way as far as reacting to meds.. Just hang in there it will get better...

• Posted

Just curious what your outcome was? did you keep taking the meds ?

• Posted

Mornings are bad for me to as of right now. I’m currently on taking Lexapro, the doc wants me up to 10mg so I’ve been taking a half a 5mg in the morning and a full 5 at night. This is my 2nd week...I still have bad anxiety and weird thoughts. I’m really hoping after going up to 10mg I level out and am normal again....
    • Posted

jennifer... it takes alot longer then 2 weeks..  i am on 15mg for 9 days and i started at 5mg.. but the other meds i was on did the same..  i have anxiety every morning still but it isn;t as bad as it was..  i take it in the morning as soon as i wake up.  i started at 5mg   then 10mg and now on 15mg.   did your doc give you anything for the anixity?     if not you should ask your doctor .  every meds that they put u on at first u wiil get side affects.   until your body or head gets used to it..  hang in there..  let me know how you are making out...   
    • Posted

Jennifer.. Just remember each time u bump up the side effects start all over again .. But I've found that they don't last as long for me the higher the dose is.. Just hang in there.. Time is the healer..

• Posted

must be messed up with 2 jennifers on the same page..  you are right on with your advise..  seems that that is the case with me also.. you are a big help NICKIE .... i am jennifer 21990 
    • Posted

I kind Of just feel vacant, I know the medicine stil needs to get in my system but I’m still struggling with the morning anxiety
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

I'm on Lexapro 10 mg day 6 and started feeling morning anxiety. Probably, it's just meds adjustment. I do sport every day 20-30 min walk, take omega3, sauna before going to sleep. What's your experience or advise? Thanks.

• Posted

Jennifer .. How r u doing? I'm having break through aniexty.. It's from the increase but it's soooo very frustrating to get this every time u increase in meds... I hope and pray 12.5 is my magic #... Take care and let us know how u r doing...

• Posted

I have been on 10mgs for 20days. Seem to feel better every other day. When does it kick in?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.