Lexapro and Nortriptlyne

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I have been on Lexapro now for 5 months for a serious panic disorder. Today my doctor also diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia and prescribed Nortiplyne for pain... everything I read says you should mix because there is a risk of serotonin syndrome... has anyone mixed these two drugs? 

He’s sending me for an ECG in a week to make sure nothing is off but I’m still pretty nervous about mixing them. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Tim

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tim,

I would take care serious caution with mixing meds. I was talking Norco but have nerve pain really bad so I was prescribed gabapentin I ended up in the Emergency room . Not trying to s can scar you but just think twice before interacting meds can be dangerous. I had to get off the Norco because started giving me horrible anxiety. I was prescribed Lexapro which I will start taking soon. Both of the meds you were prescribed are antidepressants so I would take caution

Take care

Jackie

• Posted

Hi Jackie,

What caused you to go to the emergency? Was it just the panic? Or did it actually cause a problem with you health? I’m getting pretty attuned to the feeling of panic attacks but I’m nervous I won’t be able to tell the difference.. I’m on a pretty low dose of both. Also good luck with the Lexapro, it’s worked wonders but it took awhile so stick with it! 

• Posted

Hi Tim,

I just woke up one night with heart palpitations arms went numb felt like I was going to pass out. I never felt like that until I started taking gabapentin. Everyone's different I'm very sensitive to medications . I just haven't been the same since I had my hip revision which I got sciatic nerve damage from that surgery. Hope all goes well for you

Jackie

• Posted

I would see your gp or speak with your pharmacist who will be able to tell you the effects of mixing, identify sideffects etc 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.