Lexapro effects within hours possible?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just started taking Lexapro this morning and I want to check against a placebo effect. Within hours I felt a huge weight lifted. Felt like the mental equivalent of blood rushing through my veins after having slept on my arm for a long time. Was wondering if anyone else had experienced effects that quickly.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

JT, 

I’m glad  hear that in a few hours. Not to be a debbie owner, but I had the adverse reaction. If you do experience negative side effects in the future just be aware they will pass. It will take a couple weeks each time a dosage increase.  But again glad that you’re experiencing what you are experiencing. 

• Posted

Thanks for the response. Doctor said it might take a couple of weeks or could work quickly depending on the person.  We’ll see how it goes. 
  • Posted

Jt, 

Again glad to hear that you’re doing well.   I just playing devils advocate and wanted to make sure you’re aware of possible side effects. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.