Lexapro for Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on 10mg of Lexapro for anxiety since August 15th. It took me a bit to get used to it, had lots of sleep issues and crazy anxiety when I first started taking it, especially in the mornings. I've been doing great on it since my body got used to it, early October, sleep well, no anxious feelings or thoughts. Yesterday I had a doozie of an anxiety attack when I developed a severe migraine. I was able to do a fair job keeping the anxiety at bay with utilizing CBT and deep breathing exercises, actually managed to run 4 miles during the peak of the anxiety attack. Had a rough morning today, some anxious thoughts, warm and cold feelings like I used to get when my anxiety was full blown. I did have a glass of wine on Thanksgiving, half a drink on Friday and have a beer on Saturday (first time in 6 months). I'm concerned that either the Lexapro is no longer working or the slip in anxiety was caused by the alcohol. If it's the latter, I'm fine without it. I'd rather forego alcohol and feel good than what I've experienced. OR, is this the normal process of SSRI's, ups and downs even after almost 3.5 months of being on it? Any insight would be appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I hope you are doing well...Lexapro never worked for me, it gave me anxiety most of the time, my doctor prescribed clonazepam and it has been working good for the last three years.

• Posted

Mirtazapine and escitalopram gets my anxiety under control but i'm getting chill in aircon places like crazy. have to wear multiple layer and still feels cold anyone also have issue with cold from anxiety?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.