Lexapro for peri anxiety and headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello ladies, I have been dealing with peri anxiety since last year along with many other symptoms, too many to list. I also have daily headaches for so many months. I have been to so many doctors, so many blood tests and scans, all came back normal. Today I went to my GP for yearly check up and told her about my peri anxiety and headaches. She has been telling me to try antidepressants which I have been denying up until now. I feel helpless so I finally got a prescription for Lexapro. Has anyone tried it for peri anxiety and/or headaches, did it help?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, My family dr put me on lexapro about 5 months ago, i was having extreme aniexty/panic attacks. I was against taking antidepressants but this has been a life saver for me. It does take a few weeks for your body to adjust with some unpleasant side effects. I only take 5mg a day.

its worth trying in my opinion, hope it works for you if you decide to try

• Posted

thank you, glad it's helping your symptoms. I am going to give it a try, I can't deal with this anxiety anymore.

• Posted

I am dealing with the same. my GP also prescribed Lexapro, burns haven't taken it yet. literally sitting on my counter for a month. I'm just reluctant to take it. I'm hoping I can handle it on my own. Other opinions on this thread may help me.

• Posted

hi, I've been on 5mg of lexapro for over a year and yes it has been a life saver! I first tried zoloft and that made things worse. I had very little side effects with lexapro and my anxiety is under control now. Still have lots of other peri symptoms but with my anxiety under control it's easier to deal with. Hope it helps you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.