Lexapro help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was on prozac for ptsd and servere anxiety it didn't work. I'm now on lexipro. 3 weeks on 10mg and 3weeks on 20mg. Some days are bareable some days have been almost normal but I always get 3 or 4 days where I'm scared all day with anxiety today is is filled with panic and fear. I'm constantly lightheaded and it makes me fear a brain tumour. I've been off work 6 month and need to get back. I'm scared this won't work!!!! I have 2 small children and make myself take them to the park or pools and beach even tho I'm in complete fear of nothing there. I can't drive far I'm scared I'll have a fit or faint while driving (never have had it happen) I always have to be with ppl when i go to the shops or out in public as I have a fear I'll pass out or die and my kids will be alone. What's happening to me? I've been through a rough time with my ex the past 6 years and he was arrested and placed into jail 10 months ago for dv. I should be feeling better now his gone not worse. Will lexipro kick in? After all this time I thought it already would have im scared to death I'll have to try another med,

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Anxiety and panic attacks as I am discovering is a very scary condition. I'm on fluoxetine and my attacks started last Christmas Day.. Of all days and can't work out why!

The dr put me on 20mg fluoxetine first and I was that bad I HAD to take diaxopam a few days to reset my system and give my body a rest.

After being on them for almost 7 months I foolishly stopped them!

September, october and November I felt fine then December anxiety crept in so I have now been on my meds again 3 weeks. I survived Christmas Day fine and last night had the most almighty panic attack and now my body is riddled with it trying to keep the panic attack in!

It's awful and deliberating so I feel you. X

• Posted

U poor bugger 😩 It's so horrible. I'm over it I wish I could just switch it off

• Posted

Give your medications time to kick in together. You need to understand with Anxiety, Depression and PTSD it will take time for you to feel better.

Your GP may have given you a course of CBT and explained options to control your fears and control your PTSD. Have you talked out your fears and approached the PTSD and come to terms with what had happened to you.

Always around to talk

BOB

You have been out of work for a very long time, Was this caused by what had happened to you ?.

If is very important you give your medications time to work and it is not a good idea to keep changing themĀ 

It may be a good idea if you can have some treatment to take away your fears and allow you to get on with your life.

You also need to understand you do not have a tumour and any other health problem has your GP addressed this for you ?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I've had time off work because of my anxiety I can't drive in there and I'm so over waiting on meds. I had a huge attack today at a kids play centre starting to feel like nothing will work. It's been 6 weeks on this med n I'm still bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.