Lexapro, help anyone?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys, 13th day on Lexapro. Side effects seem the worst so far today. Is this normal? Shall I ride it out?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

it takes up to 6 weeks for meds to settle and kick in properly you will no doubt feel worse before you feel better they are not magic pills.

All this information  is on the leatlet that comes with the meds and your doctor should have explained all this to you

• Posted

Thanks Lynne. Doctor didn't mention anything about side effects. My body feels terrible.
  • Posted

dont know what lexapro is for but if its an anti depressant anti physchotic yes they will make you feel worse before you feel better I know im on citalopram and what happens is the meds help produce renewed seratonin cells which help with the feel good factor and this takes a little while so if you can hang on there 

• Posted

Hi Oscar,

Yes ride it out, drink alot of water, try to eat well and take exercise.  Try not to Google too much...I do and it is not a good idea. I should practise what I preach..

as Lynne says all the side effects etc. (and there are alot) are on the leaflet.

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Thanks! Much appreciated advice. Bloody Google! I just want to feel better. Have to ride it out 😊
    • Posted

Hi Oscar,

Don't we all...just want to feel better.

What dose do you take? Is your doctor experienced and sympathetic?

hope you feel results soon and the side effects don't get too bad.

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Thanks again. I take 10mg. Doctor is really caring, I've seen him for over 12 years.
    • Posted

I am so pleased for you that you have a docter you like and trust, that is the first big step. If you still feel unwell you can phone him/her for reassurance..

It's 10.30 in the Netherlands so I am off to bed. All this m.h. baggage is exhausting..

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Hi Oscar - Sxx is right, you are VERY lucky to have a doctor that you trust. Another point is that when you start feeling better don't stop taking the meds. Some people do and then they go into withdrawals and the depression comes down hard. Best of luck for your future.
    • Posted

Thanks Wayne. Medication is for panic and anxiety disorder. I will definitely soldier on. Saw the doctor today

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.