Lexapro increase after 8 years and struggling

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys I'm new here and desperate for advice. I've been on Lexapro for 8 years and due to increased anxiety was bumped up from 10mg to 15mg. I had horrible side effects so after 19 days went down to 12.5mg. its been 27 days total now, and I'm a mess. Constant anxiety, nervousness, nauseous, cant sleep, cant eat, I've lost 10 piunds. Has anyone else been through this? Thanks for your help!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Holly,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having such a difficult time with the increase in dosage!

Have you talked to your doctor about what's been going on?

I have been on Lexapro on and off since 2015. In early 2020, I went from 10 mg to 20 mg, after experiencing a depressive/anxious episode. I can't recall how long the start-up anxiety lasted; however, I do know that the increase stabilized me and things returned to normal.

My struggle now is having started Lexapro again after discontinuing it in June. I am having severe anxiety, and while I know that it takes a while for the medication to kick in, it just feels as if this anxiety will not go away.

Anyways, I'm hoping that things get better for you. I am sending you so many positive vibes and thoughts! I'm optimistic that we will get over this difficult time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.