Lexapro increase - increased anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I’ve been on lexapro for almost four months. At first it was working phenomenally and still has me feeling a lot better than when my depression/anxiety began in July but about 3 weeks ago, my dr increased me from 10 mg to 15 mg and last week which was the beginning of week 3 of my increase I️ was pretty down and had bad anxiety, loss of appetite (still do) but am able to make it through a regular day(barely)..Is this normal for where I’m at on the increase?  Was hoping to eventually probably go up to 20mg just to really get myself back on track but if this small increase to 15 is making me feel worse, should ask the doctor to eventually go up?  forgot to mention that my np prescribed me buspar 5mg to take multiple times a day for GAD last week but only got to take them once because of an out of town trip this weekend and didn’t want them to make me drowsy. Has anyone else successfully taken this combo? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Megan,

I can't even get to 10mg...I have to cut a piece off so it's about 7.5mg I'm taking and I've been on them for about 10 months..if I go up, my head feels tight and doped out. I had a terrible time going on them but wasn't sure if it was the Lexapro or the old ones withdrawals...now I'm 10 months in, I'm not supper happy on them but glad not to be in constant anxiety and panic attacks.. having trouble with my stomach too which is probably them.

I find I get anxiety with an increase too so it could be your brain just getting used to the in crease. Possible settle in 3-4 weeks again..I also can't remember things...not sure if you have this too..

I used Serapax for anxiety while getting on to Lexapro..I don't think there was any side effects from taking both but I then had to taper off the Serapax..took a while but it was ok.

• Posted

I? haven’t had any memory problems and hope I? don’t 😳 hoping the increase symptoms lessen soon 

• Posted

Hi Megan.

I hope all is going well...how did your increase go?

I'm having more problems so am probably going to have to change again...so not looking forward to it..

• Posted

You can take Lexapro and Buspar. Why did your doctor increase your dose of Lexapro if you wee doing good on 10mg?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.