Lexapro (Please Help)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been on Lexapro for about 9 weeks. For general anxiety, depression and intrussive thoughts. The first few weeks were rough not gonna lie. Week 8 comes about that whole week was pretty much good i was really happy and social etc.  Its just about Week 9  and i feel like the world is tearing me apart. With extreme intrusive thoughts, suicidal thoughts, high anxiety and depression. I couldnt even talk to my wife. Idk what to do anymore? Should i stop taking them? Should i just wait longer or?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I definitely wouldn't stop taking them, as the withdrawal effects could make things worse.

?I'd make an appointment with your doctor, and see what he/she says. What dose are you on? It's very possible you need to be on a higher dose.

• Posted

For all it’s worth.. Lexapro is a very strong pill... 10 mg. Should do good for you.. especially if you have been doing well.. if this just come out of the Blue that u r back peddling.. lex may not b the med for you.. remember each increase causes more side effects.. I was up to 15 mg. And because of the side effects I have sense bumped down to 5 mg. And doing well.. so just listen to your gut.. it may b to much for you.. then again u may need more or it may not b the med for you.. just do what u feel u need to do.. talk with your Dr. Or Pharmacist... Hoping it clicks for you...😊

• Posted

Sorry about that, but please don't stop at all, book an appointment and talk to your Dr asap.

I had horrible symptoms earlier and ran to zoloft, but my dear after zoloft dealt with me, i realized escitalopram has a milder side effect, now here i am back to escitalopram and all the start up symptoms...,so talk to your Dr., be sure before you try anything else, ive concluded that all anti depressant have one side effect or the other, so more like the "Devil we know, is always better than the angel we do not know" at all...

Hope you feel better soon, please replace all suicidal thoughts with memories you cherish, suicide is never an option please, there is hope, hang in there!!!

• Posted

10 mg is not your therapeutic dose 

Talk with your doctor . I am on 10mg when I start feeling good for a long period to keep me stable . 

Don’t be afraid to go up if you need it . I went up to 30mg and then it kicked in for me . 

Be patience . It also needs time . The good days will be followed by bad ones 

But as long as you have good days it means something good is happening ! 

Hope it helps 

• Posted

Did it take 7 to 8 weeks to kick in for you at 10mgs. Might just be a blip. I am at 20 days at 10mgs and can’t wait for a sign of relief. Good going your on your way.
    • Posted

20 days is wayyyy too soon . I always needed my 2-3 months ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.