Lexapro Poop Out Options?

Posted , 3 users are following.

lexapro pooped out for me 2 months ago and since then Ive not been successful with anything else. Its the only one that has ever worked for me.

Has any one had any experience with poop out and resolved it? I am wondering if taking Mirtazapine with it could help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosey,

I was on Mirt for 8 years and it had pooped out on me so have switched to Lexapro about 18 months ago.. it really is different hey. It has been amazing for panic/anxiety phobias etc. Best yet...it did take me ages to settle in to it though as I felt so different.

How long did they last for you? I am on 15mg but they want me on 20mg.

• Posted

It lasted me a year and half. My advice tho is to never stop taking it and go up to the max dose of 20mg 
    • Posted

Hi roseywosey,I am on lexapro 20 mg for 2 weeks now,up from 15 mg for 1 month will it work better in 2 more weeks? What do you think I should expect? Thank you.
    • Posted

Yeah it should have kicked in by now at least it always did in my experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.