Lexapro reduction

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was requested by my doctor to reduce my Lexapro dosage from 20MG to 10MG. We first  went  down to 15MG for 10 days and then reach 10MG. When I was at 10MG I started feeling dizzy and I went back to 15MG in 5 days, is this the correct thing to do to eliminate the dizziness?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Brian,

May I ask how long you were on the 20mg dose and why you have requested a dose reduction. 

• Posted

I changed Doctors and my new Doctors recommendation was to reduce to 10MG because 20MG was high. I was afraid to reduce to 10MG because of withdrawals, so I requested to reduce to 15MG  for 2 weeks and then go down to 10MG. When I reduce my dosage to 10MG I felt very dizzy, so 5 days later I went back to 15MG and now I feel little more dizzy. I think I made a mistake with going down and then up so fast. I just din"t want to be dizzy again.

• Posted

I’m just like you I was on 20mg for 19 months doctor said to go down to 10mg after 4 weeks I still feel Iterrible so I went back up to 15mg 4 days ago hoping that will do the job 🤣

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.