Lexapro withdrawal? Or something else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm a 17 year old male who has been suffering from anxiety for about a year now. Recently I tapered off lexapro down to 5mg and then stopped. It has since been two weeks with a few bad nights but overall not too bad. However the last 2 days I have had fever like chills and tremors all through my body but I have no fever and I have this strange sensation sort of behind the forehead/front of Brain. The shaking comes and goes but the feeling in my head makes me feel like sleeping/passing out. I have also been having pins and needles in limbs and head and I'm freaking out that it could be a brain tumour but I'm wondering if it could still be lexapro discontinuation after 2 weeks being off it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi..

I'd say it's definitely the Lexapro withdrawals as I had these symptoms going on them....that brain thing freaks you out hey...I had those horrible pins and needles too...along with a lot of other stuff that's why I'd say that's what it is...it has probably taken a couple of weeks to get out of your system and now it's just realising it's not getting the hit it was..if your really worried, then see your doctor but hopefully it will pass soon...I found it took a while and I'd have good and bad days until the good days take over again..

Hope this helps, and it goes quickly,

Gina

• Posted

Hey buddy,

I am not a doctor or anything like that but I have been there 2. I was taking 20 mg and I tapered off slowly, it took me 2,3 years and now I'm back on it again. I would say that you dont have nothing but that your anxity and worry is back. When i was tampering I had, headaches ,sweating ,anxity, shoulder pain,other things too that I cant remeber now. From what I heard medication stays in you for about 2,3 months or so ,so do the side effects. So just dont worry to much but make sure u talked to your parents about it or even a doctor. Good luck

• Posted

I agree this is mostlikely a withdrawal syndrome. The feeling you’re getting in your head is mostlikely tension headaches - a classic symptom of withdrawal.
  • Posted

Hello little.Forgive me about my bad English.

All these feelings are escitalopram's withdrawals.The tremors inside your body,the electrical feeling,the chills,the warmth on your skin,the pressure inside your head,the brain zaps,the feeling that your spacie some times.I've been through all these feelings after stoped escitalopram before 5 years.These withdrawals are more severe the first couple of months,but then gradually fades out.I remember i had withdrawals and after a year,but it was minor and they last just a few seconds.

Withdrawals are more severe if you take escitalopram for long time and high dosages.

I've been on escitalopram about 5 months,5mg.

A friend of mine took it for a year and higher dosages and he never experienced withdrawals..

Every person reacts different.

Stay close to your parents and tell them to make you company when you feel the withdrawals.Drink water,and try to be calm.Don't get panicked when withdrawals starts, because it will make it far worse..Stay calm..

Im back to escitalopram after 5 years.. It's my 6th day on it at 5mg..

Keep strong boy..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.