Lg

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i have been suffering with intervertebral disc prolapse at l/3 l/4 and l5 s1 for thw last two years . i am awaiting surgery but no timeframe has been mentioned

universal credit have decided that im fit to work and.must do so immediately. my gp have said im unfit but they refuse to listen. does anyone else have this issue? some advice would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

yes i just had my second microdiscetomy . I receive enhanced pip , have they sent you forvwn assessment ? I was awarded pip but universal credit said i could work after there assessment , fortunately they gave me a bit of lee way as surgery was approaching , basically they wouldnt accept lines for sciatica despite a surgeons letter but now accept them post op as i have pain stil , my advice woukd be to speak to your Mp, the more authority the better, its a joke they dont understand and thinj if you can move your arms tou can work ,

Good luck

• Posted

thankyou for the response i was inly given standard rate of pip. i was unsure why. i was told i wiuld have surgery before xmas but they later told me at least july next yesr . i have ddd aswell cant walk more than 20m before i get the pain . how would i go about speaking to my MP? not something ive ever done before

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.