LI61AO Sofport IOL

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi,

I consider IOL exchange due to positive dysphotopsia.

Is there anyone who had the LI61AO Sofport implanted in his/her eye?

Could you share your experience? Is it really so nice and dysphotopsia-free as stated by some?

Thanks

0 likes, 150 replies

150 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've never seen the edge of my lens before but I do have problems with off-axis (peripheral) light rays during the day & night. Particularly indoor lights above my head tend to create a horrible glare in front of my vision. At times it can be nearly disabling but luckily I work in an environment where the ceiling lights are mostly diffused (which reduces the issue).

• Posted

hello i am very frustrated about my Model LI61A0 bausch &Lomb cataract lens. I had my original surgery in both eyes, along with the second surgery in one eye and was just informed that i have to have the surgery again in the second eye. UGH of course each time I have had to pay because I have not met my insurance deductible due to it always happens in a new calendar year. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed. Any advise? i am ready to file a complaint with bausch and lomb .I feel this is my worst medical decision. Thanks for letting me vent!

• Posted

Ok, but what kind of issue do you really experience with the Sofport? This topic is about Positive Dysphotopsia, do you have it with that lens?

• Posted

I am also curious what your problems are with the LI61AO since I'm considering going with this lens on my next surgery. This lens is supposedly one of the most problem-free IOL's you can get (dysphotopsia wise)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.