Libido and menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know there are a lot of issues we are suffering and this may not be on top of everyone's agenda but has anyone tried Maca powder / tablets to help with their libido? My libido is at an all time low/almost non existent. Anything that has helped for you ladies ?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The only thing that has helped me is prescription compounded testosterone cream.

• Posted

hi Rhonda. thank you. is there side effects with this cream? I am assuming you just rub it on when needed?.(so to speak)

• Posted

Hi Cindy

Compounded testosterone cream for women works real well. If managed properly you should have no side effects. Start with a low mg and work your way up slowly. I had my cream made to apply to the labia which I felt worked better. You have to put it on daily not just when its needed. Your body uses it up and in order to maintain your level like all hormones that your body isn't making enough of anymore you have to keep using them or symptoms will return. Testosterone pellets, which I use now work real well too. I found the cream wasn't getting my testosterone level up to where it needed to be for me. Good Luck.

• Posted

No side effects for me. There can be some if it gets too high. Like Cindy said, you must put it on daily. I also put mine on my labia. It took about 4 weeks to start to notice a difference.

• Posted

Ive tried organic Macca powder. I bought it online from an organic company. It was very expensive. It tasted absolutely awful. I mixed it into my porridge, yoghurt, hot drinks & all sorts of other things to disguise the taste. Sadly it didnt work for me but I have seen a lot of posts where it has worked for other ladies.

• Posted

Thank you ladies for replying. I have today taken delivery of Maca supplements to try daily, I will give these a go and report back. if these do not work i will think about the cream. many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.