librium

Posted , 9 users are following.

does anyone know if librium helps with the shaking and body vibrating i drink 8 beers a night and i want to stop 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Librium is a benzo used for alcohol detox. It calms the effects of alcohol withdrawal.

It is not to be taken with alcohol, as a way of stopping the shakes, it is taken when someone has to or wants to come off alcohol.

Benzos are normally a controlled drug (dependant on your country) and the doctor prescribing it should be explaaining it to you and monitoring you.

But the basic answer to your questions is, yes, it stops the shakes.

• Posted

You can take the librium if you are NOT drinking.  Yes, it does help with the shakes.  I am going through something sort of similar.  I didn't get much info from your post but alcohol has been causing tremendous anxiety for me.  I am trying to quit AGAIN!  I am 3 days alcohol free and the anxiety is finally slowing down with the help of a med I'm of.  

If you think alcohol is causing anxiety.  It's not worth drinking.  It's taking me many relapses and many anxiety attacks to figure this out.

Good luck!!!

• Posted

Hi jason...yes, it should work...it is prescribed for alcohol withdrawal...I would definetly take it..but only if I knew I wasn't going to drink (why waste it)...save it for when you are ready to stop.

How many do you have?  I know that when I was recently in the hospital for 3 days they heavy dosed me on benzos.

• Posted

go for it jason!  Anything is better than drinking.

I am going out today for the first time...feeling good in about 3weeks.

• Posted

i suffer with terrible anxiety also ive constant dizziness also i dunno is it drink related. glad ur doin so well keep it upbiggrin

• Posted

i also have severe anxiety which leads me back to a drink all the time because that is usually what cures it...for a MOMENT.

Then it comes back 100 x worse....along with guilt and the "sickness" I always get from drinking.

I don't know how old you are..but this condition gets progressively worse and that is a "medical" fact.  It never gets better.  Even if we stop for long periods of time.

I am living proof because I stopped for 8 years....I have returned to drinking....for the last 2 years....and every time I go on a binge I end up in hospital and everytime I end up in hospital..the complications are WORSE.

My suggestion...use the librium (if your not already) and then talk to a Dr about an anti-anxiety drug or antidepressent.  Its safer, healtheir and happier.

• Posted

Hi jason, yes constant dizziness is what I have.  It was always linked to anxiety and I had anti deps for 14 years.  But when I drnk too much it is right back - spoils the whole next  day - making excuses not to drive or go out at weekends - soo stupid.  It is a Bitch to say the least.

G.

• Posted

You have nailed that on the head.

Good on you.

G.

• Posted

its horrible im going through hell now since i stopped pressure in my chest shakin still dizzy sweating anxiety through the roof
    • Posted

Eat, drink fluid and lie down. it is easiet to cope with when lying down. But make sure you eat and drink, I know that will be the last thing on your mind, but have something easy to take in, like soup.
    • Posted

Dont just stop cold - keep something for emergency - I always start the day with 2 weetabix n berries and a pint of water - followed after an hour by another pint of water.  Got to.  I am ok then for the day without any alcohol.  Another pint of water in the afternoon.  I have not quit cold turkey and have no intention of doing so.  Will taper down slowly.

But I still get dizzy - am today.  Sucks dont it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.