Lichen Nitidus?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey. I've had these white/skin coloured bumps on various parts of my body for the last 6-8 weeks or so. They don't itch, hurt or cause any issue, more just cosmetic and my paranoia that it will get worse. Can anyone that has maybe had this before confirm with my photos? Or if you have had something similar but was diagnosed with something else would be great to hear. Many thanks.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

please let me know if you find out anything about these i have the exact same marks appearing!

• Posted

Hey. They are weird arent they? How long have you had them and what parts of your body?

• Posted

ive only had them for a week so far! they started at the top of my thigh then my forarm then my wrist and hand like yours! very strange...

• Posted

Are yours raised above the skin? I cant feel mine at all, occasionally they go scaly. Mine seemed to spread for about 3 weeks then stopped. No sign of them going yet though.

• Posted

only one is raised! then another like really scabbed over the one on my thigh. yeah mine are spreading like mad. so are yours not itchy? mine are really itchy but dont hurt at all

• Posted

theres a patch on my waist line which itched for about 3-4 days like mad then just stopped. This was before i realised these patches appearing. Went to see the Doctor who thought it was Lichen Planus but doesnt look like that to me.

• Posted

It does look like Lichen Nitidus but that usually doesnt need any treatment and will clear up in a few months to a year,although the patches may be evident for a long time. It used to be considered a variety of Lichen Planus but is now thought to be a separate problem.Only usually needs treatment if it itches or starts to spread widely over your body...then usually its limited steroid ointment or ultra violet light therapy.

Do you have any gut problems?

• Posted

hey Marina. No gut problems that i am aware of. Were it not for the visual rashes/marks whatever you want to call them i dont feel any different.

I have started taking a range of multi vits and daily anti histamine (which i would do for hayfever anyway). This may be why the itching as gone away.

One other thing i didnt mention was that my hands were very sore for the first 3-4 weeks or so, any creams i used would sting and make them quite red. That has completely stopped now. I was originally using a steroid ointment and then an anti fungal cream. I dont believe it is fungal so have stopped that now. Currently using a CBD cream to see if that might help.

• Posted

i think it could possibly be viral. im in at doctors tomorrow so i will let you know what they say if that helps

• Posted

hey sorry for late reply! she said could possibly be impetigo so has given me some cream to try but still unsure as of yet just going to see if this makes any difference...

• Posted

interesting! Guess its a tricky one to diagnose, let me know how you get on with the cream. Out of interest what cream did they tell you to use?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.