Lichen Planis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have Lichen Plan is on my lower legs and it is severe!! It itches so unbelievably bad. I scratch until I bleed and sometimes don't even realize I'm bleeding because I'm scratching so hard!!! My dermatologist put me on Prednisone and it cleared up. For a few weeks. Then the itch started all over again. She gave my creams and ointments but it only itched more. Then tried the Prednisone again but it kept me awake twitching so she tried a lower dose and it worked for about a month and its back. I have it all over my right arm top to bottom and in the lower of my left arm. I'm going to start another low dose of steroids today. Besides using Cervae soap does anyone have something that works for them to stop the insane itching? My legs look like roads with construction. 😢

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My dermatologist prescribed Mometasone cream (he said it was the most powerful thing he could give me, there is nothing more).  I use it as soon as the itch starts (my legs and back are affected) and I stop immediately it improves - rather than using it day in day out.  I find it works very rapidly and I only need to use it a very few times a year now but the tube does not have a very long use-by date.  I think it's a case of trial and error with this nasty condition.

• Posted

OMG. I'm going to go to the portal now and ask my doc for that. I'm at my wits end. Thank you thank you thank you!!

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Steroids can only offer temporary relief for your symptoms because they do not address the root-cause of the itching and inflammation which is usually a bacterial colonization of your lesions.

I had a combination of Lichen Planus / Lichen Simplex Chronicus on my legs with the same symptoms you are describing for 20 years. I have now been completely cured for 4 years thanks to St. John's Wort extract.

Please see my post in the Alternative and complementary medicine section of this forum called "20 year case of eczema cured with St. John's Wort", to read all the details.

All the best,

Greg.

• Posted

bacterial colonization. Hmm haven't heard that. How do you use the extract?. I need relief!

• Posted

Very few people including most dermatologists are aware of this because this has been brought to light by very recent research that has uncovered the role of a bacteria called Staphylococcus Aureus that has been shown to colonize the wounds of over 90% of people affected by various forms of atopic dermatitis (eczema, lichens, psoriasis etc.). According to this research, the bacteria sends a toxin deep into the layers of the skin, which causes the liberation of histamine responsible for inflammation and itching. This is somewhat similar to what happens when you get a mosquito or spider bite, except that it occurs everywhere the bacteria has proliferated on your skin surface To read more about this and enable yourself to discuss this with your dematologist, just type: "Staphylococcus Aureus and Eczema" in your search engine and the articles you will find will reveal the information you need.

I took St. John's Wort tablets (600 mg/day) for about 6 months and was cured. You can buy those without a prescription in most pharmacies and health food stores. But please do read my post as there is a lot of information you should be aware about before you consider this as a potential treatment just like I have. That should pretty much cover any question you may have.

Cheers,

Greg.

• Posted

Hi,

I do understand your suffering...even i have gone through this..some suggestion that was useful to me...i applied coconut oil to affected area every night .. it has gradually resulted in reduced itching considerably..I hope my suggestion is useful to you..Is there any improvement with your health (I hope so)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.